Sunday, July 18, 2010

I'm right because I'm the Mom.

Marco kept putting his feet up on the coffee table. I asked him to stop, but he tipped the table onto the ground. I said, "That's why we don't put our feet on the table!" And he said, "But you do it Mama!" (Blast.)

Jeff asked Marco not to touch something in my purse. Marco asked why. Jeff said, "Because it's not yours." Marco exclaimed, "But it's not yours either Dada! That's Mama's! Don't touch it." (Hmm... good point.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've had so many conversations like this lately! Since Tommy started school recently, we've been asking questions like, "Where did you learn that?" or "Who taught you that?" It's either a scene from A Christmas Story or from a Just Say No commercial from the 80s. Either way, it goes something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Elr5K2Vuo

Anonymous said...

You could show him this photo which you've now immortalized on the blogosphere and tell him,"That's what happens to boys who outsmart their parents." That might scare him.

Anonymous said...

If he is that much into imitating his parents, I suggest you don't even bother with the "Go To Your Room" method of discipline. Jeff was known to climb out of his window and go to Dan's to watch TV...and smoke cigars???