Friday, November 16, 2012

Pre-School Days

Pre-school continues to progress nicely for Marco.  He was elevated to his new class over the summer.  Their program started in September, when he was assigned to the "Terrific Tigers" group with his new teacher, Rosa.

Rosa lives in our neighborhood and we've seen her walking in the evenings with her husband.  Marco thinks that's about the coolest thing in the world. 

It's amazing how suddenly the classroom clicks.  I wasn't sure it would happen, but as it turns out, he is just four.  Marco is really getting interested in his letters and numbers now, even finishing his homework without us - after I'd left for work and while Jeff was in the shower.  "Rosa said my Cs were great!  I said, 'that's because there's so many Cs in my name.'"
Clearly, Marco is looking forward to homemade pizza.  :)

Never the budding artist, he's even started wanting to draw.  I have to laugh at my pride at his latest drawing of me, "with lots and lots of arms."  At first I thought it was a beard, so I was pleased that he clearly considers me a multi-tasker.  (I personally like my bangs.)

His teachers say he loves playing the best and is the first to line up for outside play.  When I pick him up, it's almost 6, he's among a handful of kids left and he still groans, "Ahh, Mom... five more minutes?"  They assure me if his lunch wasn't finished, it's because he was talking too much and ran out of time.

He still has a streak of class clown in him, though.  "During naptime, while the teacher wasn't looking, I got up, ran across the room, touched Joaquin and came back and laid down and she didn't even notice!"  Even I had to stifle a laugh, so maybe he'll never grow out of that.

We visited two schools to look at kindergarten over the past couple of weeks, the local public school, Crocker Highlands and the local Catholic school, Corpus Christi (Brookie's school).  Both seemed perfectly fine for Marco, I know he'll rock either option.

No comments: