Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ho Ho Ho

SI hosted a Santa event again for children and grandchildren of staff and faculty. Marco has been talking about Santa a lot lately, so we're really looking forward to Christmas. But, we were prrrrretty sure he was going to be petrified.

As it turns out, Marco LOVED Santa. Papa got a round of "Here Comes Santa Claus" going and he appeared. Marco couldn't take his eyes off of him. We he started calling names to give presents, Marco dragged Jeff up to the front to get a closer view. He was enamored.

One by one, Santa called the kids up to receive gifts. Marco kept standing up and whispering "That mine." Until it finally was his. I don't know why I'm surprised, but Santa speaks Italian! He said, "Marrrrco Cecchin! Viene Qui - Buon Natale!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah. Brian's mom here. They included your blog on their site so I peeked. I'm telling you, your son looks so much like you. I didn't see a picture of your husband and sometimes that changes a person's mind, but I don't see how it could in this case. He looks SO like you. I'm so glad that you're in Brian's/Ellen's life. They really value the friendship with you two, uh, three.