It's true that being displaced from your home has it's challenges. I think my co-workers are pretty tired of my five work outfits, mixed and matched. My friends are over me showing up for visits with laundry in tow. And Marco's teachers seem to be fully knowledgeable about our flooded house and our hotel.
BUT, lest you think hotel living is all bad, let me assure you that we're making the most of our hotel adventure. The local amenities keep us well entertained.
I'm enjoying our paired down kitchen, our excellent view, living next door to a mall, running along the Bay, the hot tub and my own gym downstairs. I also enjoy our half-off happy hour appetizers. We hosted a fantastic poolside dinner for some pre-school friends for $22!
The Hyatt House is chock full of interesting people from all over the world - the midwest, Canada, Korea! - most of them relocated for work. We regularly get to visit and chat with them about their new jobs, their house hunting and visting the local sites. Jeff is honing his ambulance chasing by closing a handful of deals with new homeowners. Even I had to chuckle Sunday as we were leaving the pool and I said, "Good luck on your presentation tomorrow!"
Marco cannot believe his good fortune that he gets a handful of mini-muffins and a cup of Fruit Loops every morning on his way to school. (Don't tell Auntie D.) Plus, he has completely learned to swim, even making "big arms" to swim the length of the pool easily - and quickly!
Alas, all good things must come to an end. We're being relocated next week to a nice, new apartment complex down the street with an actual bedroom for Marco (not a magic couch), a bigger pool and more equipped gym :), but without the happy hour. :( Visit anytime!
Here's a pic of our last swim lessons for awhile. As it turns out, you don't need the YMCA to learn to swim - you need a hotel.
Monday, August 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Post some picts of the house reconstruction! (And I'm not judgy about other people's fruit loops - especially free ones!)
What reconstruction!? NOTHING has started yet.
Post a Comment