Sunday, February 15, 2009

What drought?

So after I called out the gods about their lack of rain... I believe I said "impending drought," we were hit with days of solid rain. I'm generally a rain lover, but I didn't want a front row seat to the Oakland mudslides you may have heard about on the news. The earth moved and we had a mini-mudslide.

Enter our latest home improvement, a new back retaining wall and fence. I felt that since the mud wasn't a risk to our house, we should throw our hands up, but in the spirit of neighborliness and a kinder world, we're splitting the cost with the neighbors.

Since Arnold didn't proclaim our backyard a state of emergency, donations are being accepted. We accept cash, check, PayPal, beer and Italian hard cheeses.

Before: (Do you think it would be bad form to help myself to the new lemon tree in "my" backyard?)

2 comments:

Darcy said...

You know what they say, if your neighbor has a lemon tree take a few and make limoncello. Well, I don't know if "they" say that, but I do.

Woods Family said...

Oh my GOSH! Good luck with the wall - i had no idea your back yard was all cleared out? Or did I?