We had the pleasure of having Brooke for dinner this week. We picked up both kids at daycare. Brooke screamed like I was kidnapping her until we got in the car and I offered her a snack. Then began a drive full of genius chatter of everything she saw.
And she uses your name all the time like those expert communicators who are trying to make you feel good about yourself. Here's how it went... (I'm leaving out my comments since they were mostly, "Yes!" "That's right!" "You're so smart Brooke!"
Me: "Brooke, would you like a snack?"
Brooke: "Yes, Sarah, thank you! A car! A fast car. A bus! A house. A woman and a blue jacket. Going down stairs. Be careful! Sarah, you take me to Mommy? We go to my house? We go to Jeff's house? Play with Marco's toys? Oh Sarah! The sky is blue! I see trees! Trees with leaves! Leaves are green. Verde! Uh, Sarah? I love pasta!"
So, we went to Jeff's house, played with Marco's toys and ate pasta. Brooke brokered a deal and traded Marco her carrots and mushrooms for his pasta. He was stoked.
We've been trying to get Marco to say "Brooke" now that he says "book," but alas, when we say "Marco, can you say Brooke?" He says, "Juna." (Another girl at daycare who he loooooves.)
Here's some silly proof:
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for admitting to the purported "kidnapping". I am already worried that Marco will do the same thing when we pick him up from daycare next Friday. What kind of snacks do you recommend to successfully pull off the dreadful deed? (Carrots???...or mushrooms....??)
Juna, Juna...love it!
I picture bartending in his future. Shaken, not stirred.
Heather shared the "Juna. Juna. Juna." story with me... he must REALLY like Juna! :) :)
Post a Comment