Wednesday, August 24, 2011

All About Marco

Marco got his first homework assignment! 

It is an autobiography.  He had to fill in the blanks about himself and provide pictures.  And here's what he said:

All About Marco.
I am 3 years old.
My favorite color is blue.
My favorite animal is a nice tiger.
My favorite food is chicken.

I am from Oakland.
Great America is my favorite place.
When I grow up, I want to be a teacher.
If I had one wish, I would wish for cotton candy.

Parents' Notes: Jeff was pretty disappointed that his favorite food wasn't pizza.  And I quote, "bummer." 

I think he wants to be a teacher after spending fun days with Grandma, Papa, Uncle Tom and Auntie M. 

"Great... great... Ameeeeerica... that place Barney Grandma takes me" was his second favorite place after "this chair at the dinner table," but Jeff said that didn't count because we were sitting there. 

Sure, it's not world peace, but cotton candy is amazing too!  You can imagine my surprise a few weeks ago when Jeff bought Marco cotton candy after telling me that he would never, ever, be allowed to have cotton candy.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rookies: 1. You do realize that before most of the other parents were finished with the autobiography, their children were all wishing for lima beans! Right? 2. You were wise to disallow Marco from saying that his favorite place was sitting around the dining room table with the two of you. In today's world, who would believe it...(other than those of your family and friends who feel exactly the same way!) 3. And for the record, the trip to Gilroy--and subsequent favorable encounter with live chickens--was scheduled prior to publication of this assignment and was not meant to influence personal or political preferences in any way.