Friday, August 26, 2011

Growing Pains.

Mine, not Marco's.

We occasionally catch a glimpse of that baby: 

...Middle of the night whispers, "Mama, can you come tuck in in again?" 
...Sweet games, "Pretend I'm a baby Mama, rock me to sleep and burp me." 
...Snuggling over a movie, "Come under my blanket.  Aren't we fun together Mama?"
...After bath, "Quick Mama! Wrap me up!"

But more often, I see him being blasted into adulthood, bopping around the house with headphones on, asking for 'his own' coffee and introducing me to friends at school, "This is Enzo!  He's three and a half and I'm three and a half, so that's why we're friends!  He lives at Oakland too!"

Marco's latest teenage reaction is an immediate swipe to clean off my kisses.  Well, this Mama can't be wiped, so I cover him with looooads of kisses.  "Stop kissing on me so much Momm!"

And just when you think your baby might actually still be a baby, you take a snapshot like this.  Hmmm... it might just be the last year bathing in the cabin sink. 

No comments: