Thursday, August 22, 2013

First Day: Rest of Your Life

Day one: Kindergarten

I wake Marco "Happy Kindergartener!"  He's all smiles.  And he thinks he's taller. 

Jeff tells him to get dressed.  Blank Stare.  Beeline straight to me

(Whispering) "Mooooom, tell Dad I have to wear my school suit."  To read: uniform.

"Oh, sorry sweetheart, you don't have to start wearing your uniform until Monday.  Today you have free dress."  (Two words that I never thought I'd utter past 1994.  Sigh.) 

"Wha, well, can I at least wear my new shoes?!"

On our way out of the house, "SEE!?  Mom - look!  I can reach the big lock now and I couldn't reach it before I was in kindergarten!"

He still didn't completely trust that he didn't have to wear his uniform to school.  "Are they going to look at me because I'm dressed like this?"

Nearly late for our first drop off, Marco made a quick transition into the classroom and we jetted for the parent coffee hour.  We immediately surrounded ourselves with our parent favs that we've picked so far.  I guess eventually Marco will choose his own friends, but for now we'll throw him together with the kids whose parents we like.  :)

So, here's our kindergartener:


No comments: