Day one
I picked Marco up at aftercare and the teachers said he had a hard day, even crying. Well, obviously, they weren't talking about my kid. I figured it was the first day and they likely couldn't remember all their names. It just didn't seem like his personality to me. And then she added, "I told him that his big blue eyes looked so sad with those tears." Oooh.
It turns out that only a small handful of kinder kids went to aftercare. So, when class let out, there was a gaggle of parents excited to hear about their first day. But... not us.
They said he perked up when Niko arrived from first grade. They spent the afternoon playing kick ball and basketball.
More expectedly, by the time I arrived to pick him up, he didn't want to go.
Day two
He was excited to show me the table where he sat (the blue table), introduce his teacher (Mrs. Halkias) and proudly show me that he can skip a rung on the monkey bars and make a basket "in the big basket!"
Day three
He was excited to eat waffles for breakfast, can you even believe what Dad made for me? and thrilled to finally don the uniform, are all the boys going to be wearing this?
I mean, so what if he was the only kid dropped in shorts with no sweatshirt? He's a Cecchin with a reputation for weather immunity to live up to.
Handsome little devil.
Monday, August 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment