Continuing to live our hard lives in this struggling economy, we crashed the Kienzle family vacation and headed off to Kauai with the Romioses for a week-long vacation. Marco took his first flight and we rented our first mini-van. Uh, awesome. We filled our days with fun, sun, poolside naps, swimming and pina coladas.
Box score:
2 boys
7 pina coladas
8 days on the island
9 baby Hawaiian shirts
60 dollars spent on getting our luggage there and back (damn United)
Loads of whale sitings
Innummerable chickens and roosters (First I called them ducks thinking Marco would too, but he just looked at me like I was crazy)
180 horrible photos (none of the six of us or of Heather and I together)
Here are a few:



"This Visa should cover my Mother's pina colada habit. Keep it open."Special thanks to cousin Tommy, cousin Joey and Luke "LJ" for the hand-me-down summer attire! Oh, and the $1.50 sale at Old Navy helped too!











7 comments:
The BEEG island! I'm envious!
Tommy was happy to help! Looks like lots of fun.. though he looks like he had a rough night in the pic where he's sitting at the bar!
I am disputing this "7" pina colada number.
love all the pics... it looks like everyone had a fantastic time, and most importantly, Marco put all those Hawaiian shirts to good use! he looks like a local!
Good thing they let kids sit at the bar.....it was probably because they were so well dressed! Or was it the open tab for the tropical drinks! Aloha!
Nothing like Hawaii in January - glad you all had a great time. Note to self: next trip the Villafanas' will crash too!
I would like to request some video of Jeff and the boys doing "Ring Around the Rosey". I'm pretty sure it would make me very happy.
Post a Comment