Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sarah Stecher

That's right. I babysat three kids. Sure, it's not four, and sure, it amounted to about three awake hours tops, but still. I channeled Alba and Shawna and I rocked it. Alas, Olive was not spared the third child syndrome - no pics.

One puke, two poops, three chicken nuggets and a handful of french fries later, I poured myself a glass of chardonnay and watched TV. Jeff came home and said, "Oh? You're babysitting tonight?"
Marco's new barbeque (Auntie M and the Cecchins broke the no gift rule) was a huge hit with the boys. Marco manned the tongs and Niko provided direction. I can't count the amount of time they spent saying "Niko, it's ready?" "No, Maco, close the top." "It's ready Niko! It's hot. I blow on it." "Maco, I take a bite."
They're nearly rivaling the amount of time Tyke and Jeff have spent in front of the grill. (Substitute the milk for beers and the PJs for cargo shorts obviously.)


Ignore the background noise of Olive crying at the State of the Union address. She learned that from her father. I almost put on Fox News to calm her down.

Shh... don't tell anyone, but I think it may actually be more work watching Jeff, Taki and Heather.

2 comments:

Sara said...

lol about the state of the union address!! you definitely deserve a glass of wine after a night like that! can't believe I'm in for this full time in four short months!

Shawna said...

I thought you were going to say you were pregnant with twins ;)