Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The student becomes the teacher.

Marco continues to outwit me. Recent conversations:

"Mama, I want get haircut again."
"Oh Marco! You like your haircut?"
"Um, yeah and I looove pop!" (lollipop)

"Mama, I want go to Brookie's house."
"No Marco, we're not going to Brookie's house."
"Okay. I want go Jack's house."
"Uh, no Marco, we're not going to Jack's house."
"Um, okay, I want go to Katie's house?"

and I leave you with this genius strategy which I'm trying to incorporate at work...

"Mama, I want watch Dora."
"You want to watch Dora?"
"GOOD IDEA MAMA!!"

And here's a Christmas pj photo of Marco and his cousins that displays his unwavering devotion to the "pop."
(No, that is not a doll! That is our new niece, sweet baby Lucy.)

1 comment:

mammasmamma said...

Hi Sarah and Jeff...I have just gotten the biggest kick out of looking through your blog. Since BBB (Baby Boy Beck) is still in the witness protection program, I guess I can say this...that Marco is the cutest little guy I have ever seen! Or should I say "Mawco"...that's what he told me when you all were down visiting. I told him he was Tiger Woods, showing us how he golfs (mind you this was before the scandal...I would never use that name to refer to your baby now:-) although daddy might be saying "that's my boy" right about now) and Marco said, "No, Tigoo, Mawco". I stood corrected. You are a great blogger, Sarah...you could write for a stand-up comic. I loved all the comments and captions. And, yes, time is just flying by..I remember when HE was in the witness protection program, too. I am glad he got sprung, now we can ALL enjoy him. Looking forward to new Adventures with the Cecchins. Love, Jayme's Mommie (aka mammasmamma)