I'm sitting at the home show and a guy walks up to take some candy from the bowl and the following conversation takes place (it starts a little slow....)
ME- "Can I help you with any cooling or heating? Or are you just here for the candy?HaHa"
Guy- "Actually, I manage a property with 160 units and all of the air conditioners are getting old, we are consistently replacing them."
ME- "Oh great, can I come out and give you a quote and talk to you about why you would want to work with me?"
Guy- "No, I already have someone that I work with."
Me- "What company is he with?"
Guy- "Um I don't know, I just deal with the one guy, do you know him? His name is Richard Reid."
HMMMMM
Me- "RICHARD REID? RICHARD REID????????"
Guy- "Yeah you know him?"
Me- "Not personally, he is the SHOE BOMBER!"
The guy looks understandably perplexed, so I turn my laptop and Google "Shoe Bomber" and a picture of Richard Reid the shoe bomber pops up.
Guy- "Oh my God, no no, that can't be his name, I screwed up, I think it is Richard Ramirez."
Me- "Really? Richard Ramirez? As in THE NIGHT STALKER?!?!?!?!?"
He's still perplexed, Google for backup.
Me- "If you ever want to work with a guy that is NOT trying to kill you, give me a call."
Guy- "Yeah, maybe I should take your card."
Always Be Closing
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hilarious! And I hope he calls!
Dad wonders if he meant Richard Speck. (Google that.)
I hope Big Brother is not monitoring my laptop right now. I'm going to be put on a watch list.
Guess you never figured you'd have to use the "call me, I won't kill you" line to make a sale. Your motto: We won't put you in the cooler
Jeff, you are by far the coolest salesperson I know. - Dina
Post a Comment