Thursday, January 10, 2008

Nursery's all dressed up with nowhere to go.

Day four... and maternity leave suits me quite nicely! I'm feeling accomplished, rested and not at all bored. I'm so efficient. List of accomplishments:

1. Shopping, exchanging, returning...
2. Relaxing.
3. Cooking for Jeff. Chicken Cacciatore is on the menu tonight if I ever figure out this darn blog formatting.
4. Lunch with friends (four this week!) I've already booked a day next week - get on my calendar before this baby comes.
5. Completed nursery. Be very impressed. LOVE how it came out. Well, almost complete. The shutters were back ordered AGAIN, but they knocked off another $50, so it's hard to complain. Eight more delays and they're free!
6. And finally, on your mark, get set, commence blog.

We were able to get the glider using gift cards from family and friends!
Changing table from the Vellutini family and the crib was a gift from my co-workers!
The artwork (including the balloon painting which inspired the whole dot theme) are all from my nursery when I was a baby. Thanks Grandma Pam!
The "M" is a gift from Gina Guerrini Woods (painted and antiqued) who also placed all the dots while Jeff did the picture hanging and furniture assembly and I sat in the glider, entertained baby Jack, ate bon bons and barked out orders.

20 comments:

Romios Family said...

So fun! Love the blog and the nursery looks fabulous. I must add you to my "sites to visit" list on my blog! Wahoo!

Romios Family said...

I see Gina on on the dot dispersion!

Unknown said...

Sarah, the baby's room looks fab...nice job. I am so excited that I have another blog to stalk. My productivity at work is in serious jeopardy!

D'Angelo Family said...

I can't belive I was passed out in that room just 2 weeks ago.

Sarah said...

Brooke, you're a lush.

Christina said...

The nursery looks amazing!! I can't wait to follow this blog!

Uncle Roger said...

That's not MY room is it?

Romios Family said...

that would be Gina WON on the dot dispersion. Damn Heather.

Sarah said...

No, Uncle Roger, your room has been left completely intact. I'll post pics of Uncle Roger's room soon. :) When we get the kegerator installed...

Darcy said...

Such a classy nursey, love it!

The Roberts Family said...

well aren't you popular! 10 comments so far!! The nursery looks great! All you need is a little baby now! :)

lia said...

The nursery is beautiful and so are you.Love Aunt Lia

marco said...

Sarah
You look really great! so pretty...
Are You ready for the new life?
waiting for the best!!!
ti voglio bene
a special hug to the next father

Woods Family said...

how fun that cousin marco commented! he is in italy - yes? the pictures turned out great and so has your blog! i'll dot disperse for you anytime! you already make a beautiful mother! - gina

Jeff said...

Yes, that is Cousin Marco from Rome. At first I thought it was our baby telling Sarah how great she looks.

gina said...

For the love of God, how do you people have time to do blogs. I only WISH I was that talented!!! The room looks phenominal and so do you!

marco said...

yes Jeff but the Marco that wrote has the face's skin improbable for the new baby... an hello to the " padrino" and to the pleasant guys of the blog

Marco the older

Anonymous said...

Umefanya kazi mzuri sana! Maridadi kama wewe!!

marco said...

we [ old Marco, Michela, Stephen( the only american that does not speak english!!!)Laura] are in the mountains of abruzzo ( central italy) for a weekend of snowboarding.We are thinking of you and jeff, watching your photos on the blog. It is a beautiful way to feel you less far away... how are the other members of the family? hope well love M M S L

Anonymous said...

What?????no cloth diapers??????

Congratulations. He is gorgeous. We are waiting to hear when we can come up to visit. We want to see your house, too.

xxxx0000