Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Braveheart!

We had our two-month checkup yesterday! The Doctor was very pleased with Marco's growth and his development. He really laid it on thick for her, lifting his head, cooing and smiling the whole time. What a kiss up! Obviously his father's son, I'm still hoping to grow into kissing up.

He got three shots and one medicine given orally (he loves that sugar water!) I insisted on watching since I didn't participate in anything gruesome in the hospital. You'd think they were stabbing those needles into ME the way it hurt! Ouch! Marco let out one of those silent cries and then composed himself when we gave him a pacifier. He's starting to take to that thing and I'm loving it for moments like these!


The Doctor said he might be a bit fussy after the shots, but he was a champ, once again sleeping nine hours in his first stretch, three in his second. (Although the night before he was up for two hours in the night.) The doctor said we're doing great already having him in his room (I hesitated to mention that he had made the move in week one, didn't want to seem completely neglectful), with his sleeping, his feeding and his development. She didn't actually use the words genius or incredibly handsome, but I could sense it in her tone. And come on, you saw the bunny pic.

Final Stats:
11 lbs
33rd percentile for weight
34th percentile for height
36th percentile for head circumference
Doc described Marco as "perfectly proportioned."

I didn't take any pics at the doctor's office, but here are a couple to sate my demanding audience. This is Marco playing on Willa's "Fantasy Island" while she napped and Niko's monkey while he was at daycare. He's such a toy thief!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those doctors have to downplay the compliments sometimes so that they don't psychologically scar all their other patients, (...presuming all their other patients are reading this blog.)

The Roberts Family said...

love that little baby belly hangin' over his waistband in the second pic! glad to hear he is thriving!