Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A few of my favorite things.

Gloworm is out. Rain forest is in. Sorry Claire, Dina's hand-me-downs are the toys of the moment lately. Marco is really diggin on the Rain Forest mobile and the Rain Forest activity mat which earns 15-20 minutes of his attention (even from crying!) Although he still hates the swing, somehow the crying he exhibited today in it was mild. His heart just wasn't in it. Maybe he's residing himself to my torture.


The changing table is still the toy of favor, but he also likes a teething moose. Maybe because it talks and tells him all the things that "M" stands for.... Marco... Momma... Music Box... Mista... Moose... you get it. If you don't get it, I'll get you a Moose.


Yesterday, I tried Marco in the Bumbo for the first time. Now I know it says three months but it also says once he can hold up his head, so the message is muddled. And how can you argue with how damn cute he looks sitting in it? I mean, I know I can't.

On another note, a couple of posts ago, my great Aunt Jean made a comment. She's 85. You go Aunt Jean!

5 comments:

Darcy said...

I am so relieved to see the Bumbo is on the floor. It is not designed to be used on a table or the washing machine, on top of the fridge, or on the hood of your car, as I used it with Katie. Babies can wiggle out and fall to the floor! Thank goodness Katie never did that, as they did not come out with the warning until after she grew out of it! If only I had commen sense.

Jeff said...

Yeah we got the Bumbo before the recall. But then we found out that all they do is put a warning label on it and send it back, so we decided to keep it old school. Marco also likes to play with lead paint and asbestos scraps.

Romios Family said...

He is adorable in this bumbo picture. I think he is starting to look more and more like...ME!

Anonymous said...

Ok, the Bumbo is too cute. . . is it too late to get one for Valerie or maybe Lisa?
Merri Sue

Kelli said...

I never got to enjoy the Bumbo jail as Heather referred to it. Connor wiggled his way out of that thing as soon as I put him in it. the tray didn't work, either. Darn it. Marco looks so grown up in it.