(Yes, that's duct tape in the picture. Don't judge.)
There were lots of things going on in Ventura... my Grandma moved to a new place, my Aunt Lia is here from Rome, my Uncle Pete was coming to town and Marco had never seen the Poseidon. You know how Marco hates to miss a good party, so we packed up the Jeep and hit the 101 for a weekend adventure!
We were very nervous about being in the car for five and a half hours, so we figured we'd leave around his bedtime. We left at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, stopped once to feed him at 9:30 and arrived at 1a.m. He didn't even wake up when we got to the boat and continued to sleep until 7:30 a.m! What a champ!
He was on his best behavior for the whole weekend trying desperately to impress the family. Aunt Lia is the mother of Marco the elder, so we wanted to be sure she went home with a good impression. He slept through all three nights in his bassinet (thanks Jack!) and was smiley and flirty most of the weekend.
We couldn't be more proud.
Here are more pics...
Little Marco approaches the giant Poseidon.

Marco on the bow of the Poseidon.

Marco was so charming that Papa John didn't even mind letting him sit in his purple chair.

Aunt Lia spoke in Italian to Marco. He thought it was HYSTERICAL.

Napping.

Do you see the resemblance? I actually think he's shaping up to look like me. Lucky kid.

The vote is still out on who's the bigger ham. Marco or Papa?

Here is the whole group for dinner. Linda once again made a weekend full of impressive food. I'll spare you the pics. Alright, most of the pics. Here's her rustic bread, served with the salmon (caught by Dad in Alaska!) chowder. Yum!


You know when you do something weird and you think 'why did I do that?' This is why. These are my relatives. My blood relatives being their normal selves being captured on film making frightening faces. HA ! So there you go. Love them.

Coach and Jayme Beck brought Marco a selection of LMU gear. We hope he can get in. And that we win the lottery to afford it.

My Uncle Pete's dog Killer refused to let anyone near the baby. When the baby cried, he was VERY concerned. He was like Marco's tiny bodyguard. I mean, if bodyguards were three pound chihuahuas who dress like Tiger Woods. I should've warned you.

Marco was so happy to meet his bisnonna. Jeff laughs because the first thing everyone in my family says is "Does he have light eyes?" or "He has blue eyes!" In my family, it's a big deal to look like "one of us." Grandma was very happy to see Marco's blue eyes and hopes that means he'll be "della raza." If they change to brown, he may not inherit her meat sauce recipe. Tough group.


4 comments:
Glad Marco did so well on his first big trip!
Love the duct tape!! I am going to try that when I get home!!
I just want some of that bread; does Linda deliver?
Duuuuuude --- I'll try to get over the fact that you technically were in Southern California and the Lunas didn't get to meet Marco (or hug mom and dad). Oh, and in our infant car safety class this week, they highly recommended duct tape to hold on what they call "the razer sharp glass that could become a 'projectile killer' in a high speed crash." Don't feel bad. Apparently I have to return all the cute things we bought to hang in the car. Sucks.
Post a Comment