Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Will the 1/32nd Irish please stand?

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Well, since Jen got a job at the Irish Cultural Center in the city, Jeff and I were left without plans on St. Patrick's Day this year after about seven years running. Since Marco is about 1/32 Irish, we felt it was our duty to celebrate the holiday among friends. I mean, if you're raising a good little Irish boy named Marco, it's practically law. He's practically a leprechaun! Please note his clover belt.
We wrangled up some corned beef, cabbage, carrots, potatoes and Irish soda bread paired with a lot of boiling water and friends. Who knew how great boiling was? (And lots of salt and butter.) Delicious!
How sweet is this?After sharing a chair, notice how Avery absconds with Marco's belt! Devious little pixie.Taki makes Black and Tans (Uncle Roger, note a pint glass. Cheers!)
A special shout out to Jack and Brooke D'Angelo, who even with a name like D'Angelo were the only other Irish folks at the party. Ha!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

traitors

Roger said...

Everybody's Irish on St. Patrick's Day! Looks like a "Pot O Gold" in their arms!

D'Angelo Family said...

Really - Marco has the BEST hair!

Anonymous said...

If Marco did all that to celebrate his 1/32nd Irishness, I can't WAIT to see how he celebrates his 62.5% Italian genes for the Feast of St. Joseph tomorrow!!
What time should we all show up???
(I will email you some pictures of how it is celebrated in parts of Italy. You may still need those pots of boiling water...)

Darcy said...

I need to find find out how much Irish Katie Alice O'Sullivan has in her!