Thursday, April 10, 2008

Boys Day Out. Moms Night In.

Yesterday, I headed out dressed "up" in my fat pants to judge a marketing competition for my Board of Directors. An adult task! Jeff watched Marco, who actually did work with him at a customer's house. Jeff's co-worker deemed Marco a Sarah look-alike (YES!) when they visited the jobsite. But I digress...

Jeff did a great job and had a nice day with Marco, even though I came home to this ensem. No pants and John Deere socks. Truly a white trash (and happy!) baby. At least he matches.
So, he had some bottles, but my apparent "Mommy brain" (which I don't believe in btw) did not realize that the judging was from 9:30 - 3. I showed up at 10 (moron mommy) and thought it ended at 2. Long story short, Marco had a bottle of formula and once again began throwing up all afternoon. It was terrible!

So, I still have to try soy and organic formula options, but I know that several of you had experiences with this... maybe an allergy? Maybe you could recommend something? Nicole? Jen?

Post-puke wrap up... After eating several times and sleeping through the night, Marco has awoke refreshed, healthy and happy again.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which formula have you tried already? Maybe you just need a different brand, not necessarily soy or organic. I always used Nestle Good Start. It has comfort proteins - whatever that means. They do make a soy based product as well.
Dina

Romios Family said...

Nikos rocks soy similac. He also tried the organic one for awhile and didn't have any problems with it but I switched back to the soy because he seemed a little more flemmy on the organic when he was sick.

Anonymous said...

I have a sample can of Soy Similac if you want to try it without spending the $$$. I think Jeff did a good job on the outfit. Matching is huge! Poor Tom, one of the first times he dressed Tommy on his own I told him he looked like a clown! (But seriously, it was like stripes and plaids I think! or at least stripes going in different directions)

Darcy said...

He is such a cutie! Poor thing on the formula. I agree with Dina, Katie took Nestle Good Start very well. She also did well with the Enfamil Gentlease. It is supposed to be easier to digest. Kevin dressed Katie today and she went all day with her shirt on backwards. Ahhh, fathers.

Roger said...

my favorite formula is "the square of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides."

Anonymous said...

You could coat his stomach with pepto bismol first......

Nicole Svendsen said...

Siena would freak out if I didn't use organic...I don't what the difference is but the Organic Similac (green) was the only one that worked for her--good luck!

Anonymous said...

I think those are the John Deer (a.k.a...white trash) socks that I picked out for Marco, aren't they??? Hey, when are you guys coming down to Gilroy again?

Kelli said...

Hypotenuse- HA! I like that Roger.