Monday, April 21, 2008

Put offs and pandering...

Well, after several interviews and visits, we decided on a daycare for Marco. We called today to secure his spot and THEY'VE CLOSED. Closed. Closed the daycare. As in, it's gone, the last day was Friday.

So.... (here's the pandering part) we've put in several calls, but does anyone have a daycare in Oakland that they'd like to recommend for me? Hmmm??

Or would anyone like to quit their job to be underpaid by me and care for a really clever 4-month old? Anyone? Hellooo?

9 comments:

Romios Family said...

WHAT?? How could this happen? When you were JUST there she gave no indication?? WTF?

Darcy said...

I agree with Heather, that is crazy! And the parents with children already in her care must be up shit creek! You didn't want Marco with her anyhow, it is a sign. My daycare lady has an opening in May, might be too much of a commute, though.

Sarah said...

I know! Thankfully he wasn't already there!

Anonymous said...

Never fear. Grandma's here.

Nicole Svendsen said...

yes, that is very odd! I agree, good thing he wasn't there already...

Woods Family said...

I cannot believe that happened to you! I would do it if you lived here!

Anonymous said...

Does WTF mean "What Would Jesus Do"...?

Sara said...

What?? That's craziness!!

I can pinch-hit if necessary (and if Marco is willing to commute :)

Sarah said...

Marco does love BART.